Monday, January 28, 2008

wasted weekend


what a waste. friday at five a.m. I woke up feeling rotten. i have food poisoning from that damn sushi I ate on thursday. I have ate sushi for years, never getting sick. The thought of eating it makes me want to die now. I slept for 24 hours on friday, waking only once or twice. I had a fever and bunny could hardly stand being next to me because I radiated heat so badly. By Saturday my fever broke(thank goodness) but i still slept most of the day. I was maybe awake 3 hours total. Yesterday I was a little better, sleeping until almost 3 p.m., never really getting out of bed, but falling asleep around eleven. Today I was up at 9, reading in bed and this is the first time I have been able to type without feeling faint!
food has been so disgusting to me, carbs are the only thing I have been able to stomach. The thought of eating meat or fish is terrifying, which is sad because I have a freezer full of it. I even took the photo of lunch off my blog because it brings back terrible memories. I know that the resturaunt has gone downhill, but this is just wrong! i love sushi, or I loved sushi. I think it will be a very long time before I eat any raw fish again. Thankfully there are plenty of cooked options out there.
I still feel like hell, but I am seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. I read a whole book this morning, Kitchen, by Banana Yoshimoto, it was heavenly. There are two stories in the book and I am probably over emotional due to my lack of health, but they made me cry and feel really good at the same time. Her books always have that effect on me. The sun thankfully has been shining bright in my room, which helps me from being too down.
One great thing is that I have quit smoking due to this madness. Well, I have had one. But that is tremendous for me. I hope I can keep this up. Its easy not to smoke when you are in a coma! I will have to think of something really fun to do this weekend to make up for such a bummy one we had this last weekend. The dogs have refused to leave my side, which is cute and all, but I need my space!

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Oh sweetie I'm so sorry. :-( I've never had food poisoning but Dustin has and he could hardly function. One of your favorite foods too! I hope you feel better really soon.

average rai said...

That's terrible! I'm glad you are doing a little better. You better have bunny make you some soup tonight. I'm sure you need vitamins like crazy.

bunbun said...

Thank you both! I hope I didnt sound too whiny! I cant wait for bunny to get home! I have been in this room for too long. I feel like I have spent the entire winter being sick with something.
I have never really had food poisoning before. I have drank too much, food hasn't settled right, etc, but this is the first full blown case I have had. Ewww!