Friday, February 8, 2008

raspberry lemon corn muffins

Last night was great! Bunny got me flowers at his work for getting good grades. Yellow is my favorite color, and these flowers really cheer up the house. I was really touched. On my way home that day, I had picked up some pinecones I thought were pretty, so I put one with the flowers



My brother in law, Andrew and his girlfriend, Debbie came over last night for dinner. I made falafel wraps. I wish I had a picture, oh well. We watched Planet Earth, we had a great time. I love Andrew because he loves espresso as much as me. We all had about 4 pots of espresso, so at least 3 cappuccinos each! Earlier that day I had already drank my morning coffee and at school I had a triple shot latte.

Here is Debbie and Andrew together in the living room.



Today I took the day off because I wanted time with Bunny. We made our weekend breakfast together. Here is my favorite milk I sometimes treat myself to, and brown eggs. I have been told that there is no way this is true, but I am convinced that brown eggs are fluffier than white. I am also convinced that milk out of glass tastes better, too.



I made Raspberry-Lemon Corn Muffins for breakfast. They came out pretty yummy, nice and moist. I adapted the recipe from one of my favorite cookbooks, Nigella Bites by Nigella Lawson. I have both her cookbooks. The only thing different is the raspberries and lemon. I like these muffins because they are not too sweet or heavy with butter.




Bunny made his famous rolled egg, but that is getting a post of it's own next!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like your flowers! Delphinium is one of my favorite flowers, I love the vibrant blue. My boss at work says spider mums always remind him of a big bow so every time I see one I think of that. I love that milk too! I used to get it every once in a while when we lived up there and it did seem special. I think brown eggs and milk out of a glass jar taste better too! It's probably some placebo thing but I always think organic tastes better as well. We got some organic milk as Costco and I couldn't stop drinking it. I don't normally drink milk that much. That was funny seeing a picture of Andrew, you know when you're not expecting to see someone and your brain kind of goes Ah! Ah! Familiar! He's been so busy with work and going to Portland I've hardly seen him lately. I'm happy he's back together with Debbie. They look so cute and seem happy.