Sunday, December 2, 2007

rainy day muffins



So, today is super ugly outside! I did venture out to the store and the whole way my umbrella kept flipping inside out! It was nice, still. It was fun to see the Christmas decorations that are starting to pop up in the neighborhood.
When I got back I started on my healthy muffin mission
Here it is:

Cranberry-Apple Whole Grain Muffins:

1 small apple, peeled and diced
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup oatmeal
1 cup yogurt
1 cup water
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
2 tsp brown sugar
2 tsp cinnamon
add flax seed, sunflower seed, etc as wanted
honey- enough to glaze muffins
mix dry ingredients in large bowl
mix wet in smaller bowl
combine wet in dry bowl, mix well
pour in to prepared muffin tins
bake at 400 deg, until no longer mushy ( these muffins will be a little moister than most because of all the yogurt)
I use a toaster oven for my baking and it took about 30 or so minutes to bake.
When muffins are out and cooling drizzle tops with a little honey as icing
I just ate one and I have to say I am pretty pleased. These don't taste like coffee shop muffins, because they are pretty healthy ( no butter, oil, eggs etc.) but for a whole grain treat, they are sweet and satisfying. I hope bunny likes them!!
Oh yeah, they make about 12 sm. muffins or 8 large ones, depending on how many extra seeds and stuff you add.
I have to call the Apple store now because bunny is waiting for me to get some answers about the Imac!!!
I think I may make chicken curry tonight?

No comments: